Kitchen remodeling is a great way to increase the sale potential of your home, invest in the value of your home, modernize your space, and make your kitchen more functional. If you are like most families, however, your kitchen remodeling project doesn’t come with an unlimited budget. When looking at your kitchen remodel, in order to get the best value for your work and effort, there are a few places where you should splurge and where you should save.
Where to splurge:
- Kitchen cabinets– Whether you go with custom, semi-custom or stock cabinetry, make sure it’s high-quality. Nothing ruins a kitchen remodeling job quite like realizing that cheap, easily worn-out cabinets were put in.
- Countertops- Kitchen countertops are like the icing on the cake! Beautiful kitchen countertops are an instant-appealing factor for a kitchen remodeling job. Choosing granite, stone or quartz over laminate or tile.
- Appliances– Upgrade your appliances to stainless steel. They aren’t much more expensive than other colors and give your kitchen professional-looking appeal.
Where to save:
- Flooring- There are many tile, laminate and other flooring options that look great, can withstand all the kitchen cleaning and use, but also won’t cost a fortune.
- Backsplash– Tile is something that you can often find at a discount, on clearance, or even in stock to save money. A tiled medallion or smaller accent area above the stove can give you the fancy tile look without the fancy price tag.
- Hardware– Hardware is a great detail, but that doesn’t mean it needs to take up a lot of your budget. Many kitchens look more streamlined with contemporary hardware.
For more tips on kitchen remodeling and budgets, contact us at Installations Unlimited today.